您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?免费注册

x
  • TA的每日心情
    奋斗
    2023-9-14 00:05
  • 签到天数: 1290 天

[LV.10]以坛为家III

发表于 2023-6-9 03:20:57 | 显示全部楼层
    雪梨表现得比平常更加放松了。(言谈举止啊什么的多个方面都显得放松,不是单指一个方式/方面,譬如,仅仅说话放松,而是多个方面,譬如说话啊,动作等等多方面)
    2 }+ X8 k# |) B
    6 }7 G7 K5 z) q8 J大概这么个意思吧
  • TA的每日心情
    开心
    4 天前
  • 签到天数: 498 天

[LV.9]以坛为家II

发表于 2023-6-9 09:06:23 | 显示全部楼层
    in more ways than one
    5 F0 {: L, Q) e9 i4 _# q: a[常用于提请注意]不单是这样,还有别的意思
    - q. `" {, g. ]" C1 \这个地方可能是:雪梨故意放下头发。( \1 ^5 T" [, t2 l& l9 }4 {
    因为没有具体语境,只要大意顺了即可。
  • TA的每日心情
    无聊
    2023-6-11 12:43
  • 签到天数: 1541 天

[LV.Master]伴坛终老

发表于 2023-6-9 13:03:58 | 显示全部楼层
    本帖最后由 sabrina2111 于 2023-6-9 13:07 编辑
    0 W" N/ [, W! c+ y0 E4 h2 ?. c
    6 |& b" s# x) G4 f2 E- c"in more ways than one" 是一个英语短语,意思是 "在很多方面" 或 "有很多种理解方式"。这个短语通常用来表示一个事物具有很多方面或者层面,而不只是表面上看起来的那一种。它也可以用于指出一个观点或说法有多种解释或意义。例如,"这个问题影响深远,它会影响到我们的生活方式,在很多方面都会产生影响,可以说是 in more ways than one。"
    3 w: {+ V% ?1 M6 p"Sherly let her hair down in more ways than one" 这个句子是一个英语俚语,意思是Sherly不仅仅在一个方面放松了自己,而是在多个方面都表现得比平常更放松自在了。具体来说,“let one's hair down”是一个俚语,意思是放松、放松警惕、放开自己,不拘束自己的行为和言行。所以这个句子的意思是Sherly在多个方面都表现得比平常更加自由、放松、不受拘束。

该用户从未签到

发表于 2023-6-10 08:59:09 | 显示全部楼层
    楼上解释的很清楚

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2023-6-10 13:35:51 | 显示全部楼层
    maxt 发表于 2023-6-10 08:597 g+ b4 B3 g$ Y# Q
    楼上解释的很清楚
    $ {# y' {9 P: ]; z
    但解释的不对
  • TA的每日心情
    无聊

[LV.Master]伴坛终老

发表于 2023-6-10 13:57:00 | 显示全部楼层
    本帖最后由 sabrina2111 于 2023-6-10 14:06 编辑 * ~( Z5 O; o5 \" W) Q
    ! t! c1 ~1 B  V0 ?1 _" F5 h" i# i
    我要是照字面意思翻译了,楼主又要说为什么不是“把头发放下“的意思了吧。 好吧,这句我翻成“Sherly 把头发放下来,表现得随意而放松“
  • TA的每日心情
    开心
    2024-3-25 11:51
  • 签到天数: 453 天

[LV.9]以坛为家II

发表于 2023-6-10 18:46:04 | 显示全部楼层
    let your hair down
    ! W5 v; A% T# _6 @0 |9 s6 L​(informal) to relax and enjoy yourself, especially in a lively way
    * k  O( [( g6 g) i. f7 I/ N6 T- `It’s about time you let your hair down and had some fun!
    ' Y9 [% E; T0 c5 I( X& f% ~
    # @1 z3 Z8 O7 H6 X4 r: }( u: Nhttps://www.oxfordlearnersdictio ... /hair_1#hair_idmg_4
    6 M7 l9 o0 {. ~/ h1 I& `6 \1 y6 h) C* j( f, r9 |
    let your hair down
    . @' S& o) o" |6 s! C3 j, N5 vidiom   old-fashioned informal
    , X# U: O" t, C9 qAdd to word list
    * K* |7 z! R) }; F# U( Xto allow yourself to behave much more freely than usual and enjoy yourself:( E6 o' j4 [( U* G. ?2 k
    Oh let your hair down for once!
    0 E1 b' f4 ?$ Y8 j( [7 t
    7 R5 f: A0 a( ?8 Z- c3 N( qhttps://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/let-hair-down6 U; u9 z4 M  a& F) l. ]
  • TA的每日心情
    开心

[LV.9]以坛为家II

发表于 2023-6-11 12:24:53 | 显示全部楼层
    本帖最后由 leebye 于 2023-6-12 11:24 编辑 + M7 i* Z' h: H+ o' E  ~+ _
      u4 D, h7 |1 U5 V" n
    关于习语搜到一个不错的帖子 https://www.thoughtco.com/common-english-idioms-32116464 X* g( }! y# i) w  Y5 I
    & ]: a$ Y: k0 X: L
    By Kelly Roell
    + I6 f1 N0 {) j) HUpdated on November 21, 2019  c2 o5 o! w+ x  `; `; m
    Learning English isn’t as easy as some might think. First, grammar muddies the waters (makes things unclear), and idiomatic expressions only add fuel to the fire (make things worse).
    7 f, j1 b! W- O, b2 |* w+ V7 j# k5 q# v8 ?( q
    If you’re taking the TOEFL or the TOEIC, or just want to know more common idioms, study this list of 40 common idiomatic expressions before you take the test. They may just help your English language acquisition soar (get much better).4 N) D- ?/ I1 h/ y* j/ h6 ]4 B6 a

; a4 _- [( V! k6 }% O, y8 `Common English Idioms: o4 H, T- r+ P) s- G$ V" W
    • 24/7: Twenty-four hours a day; seven days a week; all the time; constantly. My little sister irritates me 24/7!
    • A short fuse: A quick temper. Jamie is known for his short fuse; just a few days ago he screamed at his coach for not letting him play.
    • A taste of your own medicine: Bad treatment deservedly received for treating other people badly. After constantly being prank-called, Julian decided to give Juan a taste of his own medicine and ordered twenty-seven pizzas to be delivered to Juan’s house.
    • Butterflies in my stomach: To be nervous. Liam had butterflies in his stomach before he went on stage to play the violin.
    • By the skin of your teeth: To just barely get by or make it. Lester made the dance team by the skin of his teeth; you can tell he hasn't been dancing jazz for very long.
    • Cat got your tongue?: Can’t you speak? (Usually said to embarrass the other person). I just saw you kissing my boyfriend. What’s the matter? Cat got your tongue?
    • Crying wolf: To ask for help when you don't need it. You have cried wolf so many times that no one believes you when you're really hurt.
    • Cut someone some slack: To not judge someone too harshly. Hey. Cut me some slack. I was really busy with my frog hunting business last week and forgot to call. I'm sorry!
    • Down for the count: Tired; giving up; unable or unwilling to participate any longer. No, you can’t take my dog for a walk—she’s down for the count after chasing cats all day.
    • Draw the line: To stop; to know the point where something goes from okay to not okay. Now I draw the line at speaking in front of 34,000 people.
    • Easier said than done: Not as easy as it appears to be. You want me to come to work at 6:00 AM? Easier said than done!
    • Every cloud has a silver lining: You can find good in every bad situation. Even though you just got fired, remember that every cloud has a silver lining—at least you don’t have to work for that grouchy boss anymore!
    • Finding a needle in a haystack: Virtually impossible to find. Trying to get a new job these days is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
    • Fish out of water: To be out of place. Tom felt like a fish out of water at the Star Trek convention his new girlfriend begged him to attend.
    • Get something off your chest: To talk about something that has been bothering you for a long time; to admit something you have done wrong. I have to get this off my chest—I copied your answers on the SAT. Thanks for the 15th percentile score, by the way.
    • Give it a whirl: To try something. I’ve never gone kite-boarding, but I’m prepared to give it a whirl!
    • Go down in flames: To fail suddenly and spectacularly. The football player's career went down in flames after the media learned he'd been losing on purpose to settle gambling debts.
    • Go the extra mile: To make an extra effort. My dentist always goes the extra mile, offering free back massages at the end of a stressful tooth extraction.
    • Hang in there: Be patient. Wait it out. I know you're struggling right now in school but just hang in there. It'll get easier. I promise.
    • In the fast lane: A life filled with excitement. When Curtis turned forty, he decided he needed to live life in the fast lane, so he quit his job as a dentist and decided to tour Europe by motorcycle.
    • In the nick of time: Almost too late. You gave me that main idea help in the nick of time—my teacher just gave us a quiz on that reading skill and I passed it!
    • Let the cat out of the bag: Tell a secret. Brady’s surprise party is going to be great if you don’t let the cat out of the bag.
    • Let the chips fall where they may: To let something happen, no matter if it's good or bad. Look. I'm going to just try out for the cheerleading squad and let the chips fall where they may.
    • Lose your marbles: To go crazy; insane. Mom has really lost her marbles; she's making me practice writing the ACT Essay seven times this week!
    • Once in a blue moon: Rarely. In Florida, the temperature drops below freezing only once in a blue moon.
    • Plain as day: Obvious; clear. It’s plain as day that you’re in love with her, so just admit it.
    • Play second fiddle: To be less important. I hate playing second fiddle to my sister; she always does things better than I do!
    • Put your foot in your mouth: Saying something you shouldn’t have. Jessica really put her foot in her mouth when she asked about John’s job right after he lost it.
    • Pull yourself together: Calm down and behave normally. Pull yourself together, man! Sure, your girlfriend just dumped you and then you got hit by a car, but you can't let those things get you down.
    • Sick and tired: To be bothered or annoyed by. She is sick and tired of her dog chewing up her shoes every day.
    • Sleep on it: To think about something for a while before making a decision. Don’t tell me whether you’ll move to Texas with me or not today. Sleep on it, and get back to me tomorrow.
    • Snug as a bug in a rug: Warm and cozy; content. That baby looks as snug as a bug in a rug cuddled up next to his mother.
    • Step up your game: To start performing better. Listen, Jen. You'd better step up your game if you want to get all A's in Miss Finch's Physics class. She isn't easy!
    • Stick your nose into something: To interfere. Sharon always sticks her nose into everyone else’s business.
    • Straight from the horse’s mouth: Directly from the person involved. Listen to the news straight from the horse’s mouth; we’re all getting bonuses this week!
    • Take it easy: Relax. I know you’re not feeling well, so try to take it easy today.
    • Tip of the iceberg: The small easily visible part of a larger problem. The fact that Carrie is dating a member of the mafia is just the tip of the iceberg; she’s also smuggling contraband into the country.
    • To not see the wood for the trees: To be so involved with the details that you don’t get the most important facts. She always argues about the silliest things; it’s like she can’t see the wood for the trees.
    • Up a creek without a paddle: In an unlucky/bad situation. If you don’t have any money to pay for the repairs we just made to your car, I guess you’re up a creek without a paddle because you can’t have your car back.
    • You rock!: You are great. Dude. You rock. Thanks for offering to watch my pet iguana all week.- b  X) l4 P9 V& S" P* [( _
    5 k0 ?. m& Q+ q& ?1 P4 p" S8 i' [
    These are just a few of the thousands of idioms in the English language. Get your feet wet (start) with these, and then move on to the idioms that will knock your socks off (astound you).+ @% c( ^% D9 I3 R0 B
    . s2 M9 _4 V. ~, [, p: P( c' H
    Cite this Article

4 p& l1 o) H/ I$ a( O  u1 \3 J! F) W8 `1 g" k# p
    另,发现知乎上有一部分翻译过的内容,有兴趣的可以对照参考看一下:https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/603932067
    % |( ^# t5 ~" P/ f' K
    + a1 p/ }3 a3 z2 p
    英语学习|37个常见习语,让你的英文更加地道) h2 I" Q$ \' m; N

# W4 @, o7 ~  S) wLearning English isn’t as easy as some might think. First, grammar muddies the waters (makes things unclear), and idiomatic expressions only add fuel to the fire (make things worse).8 E7 @0 ?) A: s1 b$ y# e
    , T# u8 c' t% Q: d+ q! E! c( K  s  A
    If you’re taking theTOEFL or the TOEIC, or just want to know more common idioms, study this list of 40 common idiomatic expressions before you take the test. They may just help your English language acquisition soar (get much better).
    # I& M7 H7 Z  X+ e3 F  O5 I  [, e' m7 n* `6 w$ U1 ]
    相信大家在学习英语的路上都曾遇到过两只拦路虎,一只是搅浑水(muddy the waters)的“语法”(相信不少学生已经在叫苦连天了),另一只则是火上浇油(to add fuel to the fire)的习惯性表达(idiomatic expressions)。  V0 h% j/ Z  B& t# W+ I

4 x1 \& v" ?( R& {6 p下面为大家列出了英语中的37个习惯性表达,掌握它们,你的英语水平定会“兔”飞猛进!0 B, d9 n: A. r

/ L, `* a& k' i9 i7 ~: m5 Z3 HCommon English Idioms# @& U$ X- q3 _5 l$ a# j' V+ h& ?
    1.24/7: Twenty-four hours a day; seven days a week; all the time; constantly. My little sister irritates me 24/7!9 |, l1 I. U3 t" i
    : M; J, A2 [# d9 b% [
    不停歇地;
    & B. h- ^6 r' s6 r% I2 l0 W& }- D. O2 y/ K4 Z
    eg:我妹每时每刻都在烦我!5 c) W8 ^( L7 i3 M% d3 n; f, k
    , j' |% T& N! c% _( @
    2.A short fuse: A quick temper. Jamie is known for his short fuse; just a few days ago he screamed at his coach for not letting him play.
    6 p5 T+ F& ^* F
    " E3 d1 V% \1 A/ W! \暴脾气;' ?- c7 a: A- `/ a" z2 Z; E! f
    ; ]$ T* {+ J0 h+ u7 }5 }
    eg:贾米是出了名的暴脾气,前几天因为教练不让他上场,他冲着教练就是一通怒吼。; ?& K% f8 ~) x% _

; @4 u# |. W5 e+ O. k3.A taste of your own medicine: Bad treatment deservedly received for treating other people badly. After constantly being prank-called, Julian decided to give Juan a taste of his own medicine and ordered twenty-seven pizzas to be delivered to Juan’s house.: G# A$ J, E/ u- _
    - h5 o( @& S6 H- ~! n
    以其人之道还治其人之身;! \7 S# `# |  O

# k* k5 D( Z( ]5 a3 Zeg:在被胡安捉弄多次后,朱利安决定予以反击,深谙“以彼之道还施彼身”的道理,他一口气订了27个披萨送到胡安家。/ U/ B- {) C+ [1 R# f& |4 Z' x

( }- e+ y, G0 C! g4.Butterflies in my stomach: To be nervous. Liam had butterflies in his stomach before he went on stage to play the violin.' m+ h3 ~8 O! I0 q$ W' h6 P

+ F, L2 g0 u4 R# ~# H% ~; i( E* B3 C坐立不安,万分紧张;
    3 b% T2 t7 |8 F9 o; Q/ `
    * {5 T% S. n0 c% yeg:在上台演奏小提琴前,里安感到万分紧张。: {. G4 a6 t* z1 d6 @* w: x

1 L! m+ A1 g0 i5.By the skin of your teeth: To just barely get by or make it. Lester made the dance team by the skin of his teeth; you can tell he hasn't been dancing jazz for very long.
    " u) L$ ~; @, _
    + f, E8 W  Y" p5 ^侥幸,勉强,好不容易才...;
    # I/ x  ^( s9 h
    " i6 L# p" m' ]; Weg:莱斯特将将好选上舞队,因为他跳爵士的时间并不长。
    . D) V) s9 C/ W5 [4 p1 y1 Q& ]$ D
    % Q4 S* x' E7 S- J8 D9 L6.Cat got your tongue?: Can’t you speak? (Usually said to embarrass the other person). I just saw you kissing my boyfriend. What’s the matter? Cat got your tongue?0 B) u; [0 u4 t7 d8 Q* \
    5 O) O$ q' t# F
    你说不出话了吗?你是哑巴吗?(通常为了让别人难堪);( }& E- [% b5 K# K, J2 E$ E
    " o) k8 |( V, h
    eg:我刚看到你亲了我男朋友,怎么?说不出话了?
    6 I' W  @, R: W# B7 N# V# i: U3 \* c% Z6 u: t  G. s
    7.Crying wolf: To ask for help when you don't need it. You have cried wolf so many times that no one believes you when you're really hurt.
    4 a7 l9 ?; s- h$ u0 i7 Q9 `" [3 L5 f0 X6 y1 A
    发假警报(想到狼来了的故事了吗?);
    " ]$ b+ x2 X( w; T8 D' B  m/ k' E4 O9 J1 g1 v1 p' l. Z/ G+ A! k
    eg:你已经谎报军情太多次了,现在即便你真的受了伤,也没人会信你了。
    + ?/ Q2 n  p6 L$ Y: I% n9 W$ Q
    ( P+ }" _% o% [% O7 v8.Cut someone some slack: To not judge someone too harshly. Hey. Cut me some slack. I was really busy with my frog hunting business last week and forgot to call. I'm sorry!
    / p4 u" w' R: G  Y/ k# ?, y4 K1 l
    ! e# w4 x* \  [% Y. `2 J放某人一马;1 z9 x+ C8 {# I$ e
    % n; i7 Y2 O& B' g" l
    eg:饶了我吧,上周我是因为抓青蛙太忙了才没打电话的,对不起嘛。
    8 A# ?" B+ U3 z# ^" R  K  h- ~6 A
    : ?+ }7 Q0 j- i) |/ }' q! D& A9 m* E; {9.Down for the count: Tired; giving up; unable or unwilling to participate any longer. No, you can’t take my dog for a walk—she’s down for the count after chasing cats all day.
    % J5 k, B: k7 _' }
    ' o4 I1 U% ?  e! D: \$ G) p; r放弃了,不能或不愿再参与了;
    - [  s+ ~% d& ~" Y0 |3 f, F1 a/ C. J- L0 A4 Q; ]
    eg:恐怕你不能带我的狗出去溜了,今天她追猫玩了一天,都给累趴下了。
    % S( b3 \4 \5 ]1 g/ ?/ B, e" @( C- R  N- |: \
    10.Draw the line: To stop; to know the point where something goes from okay to not okay. Now I draw the line at speaking in front of 34,000 people.. c+ |' `: v6 a
    . a1 M) |# L6 f$ F7 L* N
    到此为止,划清界限;8 h  a  `) A. J
    ( q7 ~$ y3 n4 ^% |4 y- M* S
    eg:不,我根本没法在34000人面前讲话。) k5 o+ u. F  n4 E
    7 O: ^, i& s" Z9 f$ }) U
    11.Easier said than done: Not as easy as it appears to be. You want me to come to work at 6:00 AM? Easier said than done!
    : h" H" K5 ^7 C  R- C
    " l" e  s% I% a  f. O说起来容易做起来难,说得轻巧;
    5 q9 ~7 ]% V0 U' }, z# o' T5 m- u8 h5 {
    eg:你想让我六点就来上班?说得倒轻松!
    4 x# k; Q+ e# ?
    : I' P3 i/ C+ g1 B0 Q' b9 m12.Every cloud has a silver lining: You can find good in every bad situation. Even though you just got fired, remember that every cloud has a silver lining—at least you don’t have to work for that grouchy boss anymore!
    * N( e! `2 w/ P- `( F9 w8 h, c. x* @3 [' Z: @
    黑暗中总会有一丝光明(我们要不好的事情中看到好的一面!);eg:尽管你刚被炒鱿鱼,但凡事总有好的一面,至少你不用再为那个坏脾气的老板工作了!
    , ]% ]  e1 |. v5 J. `4 c; X
    1 G0 A3 O' ~6 N: q13.Finding a needle in a haystack: Virtually impossible to find. Trying to get a new job these days is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
    : v% h9 j( w- {4 ^/ X, d$ d6 V" t1 ^2 S+ h2 I
    大海捞针,几乎不可能找得到;
    ! p' |: }6 [, P' H0 w+ E4 \' y8 B# N# |% w1 {* [$ E
    eg:如今想找个新工作可真是大海捞针啊。
    5 I" s6 b7 t$ Z+ u) A) o
    + b  A: I+ X+ S, ]/ S14.Fish out of water: To be out of place. Tom felt like a fish out of water at the Star Trek convention his new girlfriend begged him to attend.
    : Z; s: k$ K) G$ V# R$ `$ \
    5 S# M# Y5 y0 z, @3 u& s离水之鱼,浑身不自在;
    8 C$ x  _: z; {8 x. M4 m+ a+ e7 _4 P' B/ k
    eg:在他女朋友求着他去的星球大战大会上,汤姆感觉哪哪都不自在。: @) b3 }6 L# q, h4 a2 H7 u; j/ Q

; C0 f: v6 x& q% f9 Z- m15.Get something off your chest: To talk about something that has been bothering you for a long time; to admit something you have done wrong. You know you can tell me anything, it's good to get that off your chest, isn't it?6 B$ Y/ I8 z* A) A

( `) R, U/ |* N3 V! g2 p一吐为快,倾吐心中的(烦恼);
    % w6 z+ P. }! J2 c  m9 o/ V) m: {# p& T& E; g) |/ h- ~
    eg:你有任何话都可以跟我说的,心里话说出来就好受多了,不是吗?
    . O. K& \/ o, M& \( V
    , D0 M% q$ r" d% c" v2 F16.Give it a whirl: To try something. I’ve never gone kite-boarding, but I’m prepared to give it a whirl!
    7 x* o2 g+ r# y. D4 ~9 X3 Y' B# \1 e* G; `
    尝试一下;
    : }2 u" B, P- I* C
    , G& B/ O, `+ T7 n; a3 f% reg:我以前没玩过风筝滑板,不过我打算现在尝试一下。
    ( e# L. C9 c2 X+ l2 v! j0 k0 Y
    3 H  N' f+ D8 v# O: r17.Go down in flames: To fail suddenly and spectacularly. The football player's career went down in flames after the media learned he'd been losing on purpose to settle gambling debts.' w( k( T4 P9 `0 _, m2 u
    8 r: t) E7 ~2 s1 d+ r
    突然失败,毁于一旦;
    9 ?' x: N; s, D$ y' \$ o8 E) U; j! {: ~! w$ k% e
    eg:当这位足球运动员通过故意输球来偿还赌债的丑闻被媒体曝光时,他的职业生涯可算是玩完了。
    0 h0 b" F! u" |# A. C$ |
    6 h( o8 d0 H+ w4 K7 l' D# X18.Go the extra mile: To make an extra effort. My dentist always goes the extra mile, offering free back massages at the end of a stressful tooth extraction.0 I: r' e$ g2 n, k1 E

1 w: ]0 F0 A# s: }+ l( I* m加倍努力,做额外的努力;* T7 c, C: k( p/ m1 V! S  q
    ! l7 c& w: |- K" s
    eg:我的牙医总会在给我拔完牙后再额外做一次免费的背部按摩。
    4 ^5 V" b9 o. q4 R. f8 y  u% L& [- Q. f
    19.Hang in there: Be patient. Wait it out. I know you're struggling right now in school but just hang in there. It'll get easier. I promise.
    - H% p$ z, A8 d* b6 ]4 Z! Z( ~( L3 e7 ~9 [4 u+ r, Q
    耐心点,坚持下去;
    3 S+ `& P/ M/ `3 X, y5 e4 U
    , _- Y3 I5 N/ f, H5 K; h& {2 i7 Reg:我知道你在学校过得很挣扎,但我向你保证,只要你能保持耐心,事情一定会变得容易起来的。
    9 \$ u: I. Z. \! Y  Q) w  u. {4 a$ V
    9 Z5 b0 N2 y4 G20.In the fast lane: A life filled with excitement. When Curtis turned forty, he decided he needed to live life in the fast lane, so he quit his job as a dentist and decided to tour Europe by motorcycle.
    1 Z5 i! _6 u4 I) {: }8 y5 h( e8 D7 A& ~# c& w; p9 g; b: v: G
    繁忙刺激的人生;
    ! E* B# b( R9 p4 E# V  r
    $ ]9 y/ G# ~' ^  W$ z8 s2 leg:当柯蒂斯满40岁时,他决定要过一个更加刺激精彩的人生,因此他辞去牙医的工作,并准备骑摩托车环游欧洲。
    # T( \: Y  K% e! @! A8 w2 K% E
    " O: E  E" e! {& W/ a" J21.In the nick of time: Almost too late. You gave me that main idea help in the nick of time—my teacher just gave us a quiz on that reading skill and I passed it!. O$ E6 B! p3 B& ?9 E
    9 N( H( G/ c' }# c, A6 H, j' l) H
    千钧一发之际,在关键时刻,及时、刚好;; V$ Q( d4 Z2 Q" w" {/ K
    + ]/ _0 B5 `5 o+ |! U
    eg:之前你帮我学会了找文章主旨,这可真是雪中送炭啊!刚好老师给我们的测验就是关于阅读技巧的,托你的福,我过了!
    & Q3 d$ A- C$ V- y( o' h6 i4 B2 y7 v( v) |8 N
    22.Let the cat out of the bag: Tell a secret. Brady’s surprise party is going to be great if you don’t let the cat out of the bag.% H- _' _2 D5 T  J/ t
    ' K1 _( R6 n8 ^& _6 r: K& q6 v8 ~
    泄密,透露秘密;; F# r5 f) E: G* ^/ B' S3 T
    ! h/ L7 y' A' i: R, p/ C. i
    eg:布兰迪的惊喜趴肯定很会很精彩,不过你们千万别把这个消息说漏嘴了。+ A# C2 `" S& @  ~( P, A, ?/ E
    % o+ i9 N- g) d; P
    23.Let the chips fall where they may: To let something happen, no matter if it's good or bad. Look. I'm going to just try out for the cheerleading squad and let the chips fall where they may.: u- W+ z- D, e; _7 n& y( H
    / U7 u/ S3 V# ]1 c+ k% G
    顺其自然(让事情发生),不计较结果;2 s. e" s) [2 b+ a
      _( ^1 I+ I1 }
    eg:无论最终结果如何,我都要去面试啦啦队。
    6 r! H3 }; w( r/ y+ w
    4 h* L* l, O1 J' H  P7 w2 U7 `24.Lose your marbles: To go crazy; insane. Mom has really lost her marbles; she's making me practice writing the ACT Essay seven times this week!) P  r" v8 D  U6 \+ n

2 l2 x  ?- a* |5 c. M0 V/ T发疯,发癫;
    ! S' T. F/ h& b8 `5 U; |  Y
    $ a$ k' i3 ?* N9 i  Q: |& O% veg:我妈肯定是疯了,她居然让我在这周内练了七次ACT考试的作文!
    ; d0 G5 I3 q# u+ c* d4 V
    - h: \7 ]( K6 j6 Q! \1 A: [+ E9 u25.Once in a blue moon: Rarely. In Florida, the temperature drops below freezing only once in a blue moon.# D4 i2 g; Z4 @0 f7 h/ X' s
    4 k$ }* b  a/ A' B" V* \
    罕见的,千载难逢;
    / n' Q; E$ Q) k+ s; }  S$ S8 z, q  z/ g9 C( x# j) P& @5 M. V
    eg:佛罗里达州的气温跌至零度以下,这是极其罕见的。( r$ g) y2 T& f! V3 H

! }$ l+ b8 Q& \) ^0 ]: ]26.Plain as day: Obvious; clear. It’s plain as day that you’re in love with her, so just admit it.
    ; h/ G" Q& M* W9 ?1 ]/ F* w5 d! Q1 p" I, P, x
    显而易见的;: @. p% R  _7 Q$ v. V
    + ]; Z' m: T1 j* p* _
    eg:大伙都看出你爱上她了,你就承认吧。5 h! D' ^* C7 J) R0 l3 ?
    & g0 O7 d- T( g$ o; S7 K- g
    27.Play second fiddle: To be less important. I hate playing second fiddle to my sister; she always does things better than I do!( o0 C; W  ]2 z% w! n
    ' j" j2 q! L' q" m
    居于次位,当副手;+ U$ e( `( c- f& y
    * N$ h. ~7 z+ L0 v% D- o  t
    eg:被自己姐姐强压一头的感觉让人不爽,她无论干什么都比我干得好!) {3 i; q% j+ G' }  G: y

7 J; C$ O9 J4 |. e' A! F28.Put your foot in your mouth: Saying something you shouldn’t have. Jessica really put her foot in her mouth when she asked about John’s job right after he lost it.
    # D0 C3 p# w& c6 T5 N) s& a
    " F0 }9 v5 V8 _9 W% ~6 o说错话;
    " O- l+ J7 s3 l: z- w  ~1 |% L( P
    ' Q/ \$ k% b1 n0 V" P$ ~+ p. i' S8 t1 Heg:在约翰失业后去问他的工作情况,杰西卡真是说话不经大脑。
    9 x2 M1 E+ B3 }9 F8 u, ]8 T% g; L; P
    29.Pull yourself together: Calm down and behave normally. Pull yourself together, man! Sure, your girlfriend just dumped you and then you got hit by a car, but you can't let those things get you down.' w4 u- o  I! C- r1 C( ?% H

6 }+ [( b1 m1 g6 U" l  o7 t, g冷静点,振作起来;
    9 y" l" _( z4 d* x5 ?  n0 O$ K7 {& ?
    eg:振作起来吧,兄弟!你女朋友是刚甩了你, 接着你还被车撞了,但你不能因为这些糟心事就一蹶不振啊。
    ; f2 o$ L! |- S1 i/ e; z! `  c& g4 Q7 [/ h
    30.Sleep on it: To think about something for a while before making a decision. Don’t tell me whether you’ll move to Texas with me or not today. Sleep on it, and get back to me tomorrow.$ H& r/ I" V" {2 h

* T/ g, V* n! U好好考虑(再做决定);. Q% `1 Q- S0 z: }4 i
    ! h5 u4 N( P, r' b3 n# S1 `! B
    eg:对于是否搬去得克萨斯,你不用今天就告诉我答案,好好考虑一下,咱们明天再说。- J- y" P9 v3 [' [5 n1 \+ j9 t$ L
    . ~- P% D$ e6 X+ V& U
    31.Snug as a bug in a rug: Warm and cozy; content. That baby looks as snug as a bug in a rug cuddled up next to his mother.# W% R2 Q& D. I$ V
    3 \; B& Z2 ^- s/ ~+ w5 i
    温暖舒适,十分惬意;! f8 q# p( b9 A3 D5 v

3 d2 _* x8 _  {& L2 @5 Peg:那个小婴儿蜷缩在母亲身旁,露出一脸温暖舒适的神情。
    ; X4 @+ n( h1 B' K! i* Y8 ^7 _% E& p' f
    32.Step up your game: To start performing better. Listen, Jen. You'd better step up your game if you want to get all A's in Miss Finch's Physics class. She isn't easy!
    - F4 K" o0 @" w8 T6 M% k6 h# }* Z
    : Z4 h' i' h5 T& o" m) n1 j7 [拿出更好的表现,加倍努力;7 \* \# H7 g& u% p6 `

2 ?  l: i7 A3 V  u& K6 J6 u9 @eg:听着,简,芬奇老师对学生的要求很严格,如果你想在她的物理课上拿到全A的成绩,那你可得加倍努力了。
    0 M7 ]" Q8 D0 ]- U8 t) v
    # O/ h4 Q4 u3 v/ K5 }33.Stick your nose into something: To interfere. Sharon always sticks her nose into everyone else’s business.' C" A9 h  L) C+ V: [' @

4 b) \% W+ j% l1 y  a6 U( n管闲事;
    $ E% n9 \, b+ J! X3 h" C$ n4 b* \* Z7 `* F9 W
    eg:莎朗总是喜欢管别人的闲事。
    + e# C/ B0 K* U% x% g$ D
    2 g7 q# t3 |- x  Z# W8 Q; i34.Straight from the horse’s mouth: Directly from the person involved. I know it's true, because I got it straight from the horse's mouth – Katie told me herself.
    ; l  r- |# _% C; V# o4 s( R; X2 u2 _( E8 x7 e
    据可靠的消息来源,直接来自当事人及相关人员;
    9 b, e  L- a" Z8 E1 ]0 w# s, j( z
    # f2 ^+ J* d. l# i& f/ x) e3 Ieg:我保证这是真的,因为这是凯蒂亲口说的。
    " q1 f+ D9 ?7 |: i
    * R0 A! P( m9 X; j( h& C% n35.Tip of the iceberg: The small easily visible part of a larger problem. The fact that Carrie is dating a member of the mafia is just the tip of the iceberg; she’s also smuggling contraband into the country.: T5 A. m% F3 L: D3 B. h
    % I9 f" I* t5 Q# E/ C4 w
    冰山一角,事物、问题的表面部分;
    & ]2 g8 L3 \: S* P1 z; V% ?' F0 ^' c7 A
    eg:嘉丽和黑帮分子约会并不是什么大问题,她还在往国内走私违禁品,这才是事情的关键!
    % f, J1 g& U' j% P' C( L) ]- l8 Z+ U! s8 z
    36.To not see the wood for the trees: To be so involved with the details that you don’t get the most important facts. She always argues about the silliest things; it’s like she can’t see the wood for the trees.; }& n  ?1 d* M% U
    . K% I+ E, y" ]- n+ N" |. j
    见树不见林,一叶障目、不见泰山;6 C! D) q( d6 u& k( F& \+ [" J& b4 |

5 h6 h4 H% Y4 |. H6 ?7 v! K% }eg:她总是执着于那些愚蠢之事,却看不到更为重要的东西。
    ! M1 _' i0 _! \. |$ m9 ^9 y! k: _2 a  G  c. I
    37.Up a creek without a paddle: In an unlucky/bad situation. If you don’t have any money to pay for the repairs we just made to your car, I guess you’re up a creek without a paddle because you can’t have your car back.7 x# q; I" m1 H  X' }. _( T
    & e  ?* `+ p/ _
    处于困境之中;
    , r, P3 S, @, }1 M# u. e/ @) q0 \5 s: g; C- @5 f* H6 a' p
    eg:如果你支付不起修车的费用,那就麻烦了,因为我们要把你的车给扣下来。
    9 L, B. H2 [2 Z, O6 X
    ; g% _2 R1 o6 I* H6 d! w6 i+ ZThese are just a few of the thousands of idioms in the English language. Get your feet wet (start) with these, and then move on to the idioms that will knock your socks off (astound you).
    / O8 A/ ?0 X% M. |+ n9 p
    . y& p3 K/ i2 r. Q6 ~3 J英语习语千千万,本文所列出的只是“Tip of the iceberg”。不过我们可以从这些常见习语开始入手(Get your feet wet),慢慢走向更加令人惊奇(Knock your socks off)的习语世界。
      j0 V# R$ Y  M" h6 x
    + s2 J/ t' b3 p; k: j" L(声明:本文素材来自网络,仅供个人交流学习,更多相关内容请关注公众号:palettelab)马孔多上校 编辑于 2023-02-08 18:03・IP 属地广东

0 w; p8 H& R6 J! @2 y# l5 X5 U/ d) Y
  • TA的每日心情
    无聊

[LV.Master]伴坛终老

发表于 2023-6-11 12:40:17 | 显示全部楼层
    就这个例句中的in more ways than one完美演绎了"put one's hair down"的各种(多方面的)意思。

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2023-6-11 17:40:10 | 显示全部楼层
    leebye 发表于 2023-6-11 12:24: I- y5 }; C" j* k5 D2 z
    关于习语搜到一个不错的帖子 https://www.thoughtco.com/common-english-idioms-3211646
      A5 c% p/ }5 A! E. _
    做成mdx啊,否则没用的
  • TA的每日心情
    开心

[LV.9]以坛为家II

发表于 2023-6-11 18:31:21 | 显示全部楼层
    马羽鑫 发表于 2023-6-11 17:40
    8 M6 _* t3 |8 o/ p9 M; ^7 o做成mdx啊,否则没用的

# e7 |3 Q% k( ]我只是转发分享,版权属于原作者,而且个人并不了解具体怎么做mdx。如果您觉得有需要,也可以自行制作使用
  • TA的每日心情
    无聊
    2024-3-16 06:41
  • 签到天数: 1380 天

[LV.10]以坛为家III

发表于 2023-6-12 05:04:29 | 显示全部楼层
    雪莉在很多方面都显得放松。
    您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|PDAWIKI |网站地图

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 11:34 , Processed in 0.078513 second(s), 7 queries , MemCache On.